Credit sometimes can be embarrassing, but it doesn’t have to be. Poor credit can hold you back from that home you want to purchase or from even getting a cell phone. Plus it can have effects on your car insurance and so much more! If you do one thing this month take some time and improve your credit score and you will have more money at the end of the year for things you really want.
So How do you Improve my Score? Get rid of the Items that are causing HARM that you might not even know about or not even accurate!
You can boost your credit score within 30 days! You can do it ONLINE or VIA MAIL:
- START HERE -> GET YOUR FREE CREDIT REPORT HERE (it is 100% free and 100% safe!)
- Transunion, Equifax, Experian you will create an account with each of these companies and you can dispute each negative item. If the debt is not yours use that excuse. If the balance is incorrect there is an excuse for that. Or, you can simply ask them to verify the debt. If they can not verify it within 30 days (they send a request to the company reporting) it will be removed. This happen more than you think, usually the debt is sold a few times and the current owner does not have the information to verify it.
- START HERE -> FREE report HERE (it is 100% free and 100% safe!)
- After you get your credit report check the ‘tradelines’ anything positive or negative will be listed here. You can create your own letter just make sure it includes your name, address, social security number, date of birth, the account # and company and amount your disputing. You will send this form to the credit reporting agencies and ask them to remove the negative or verify the negative. They have 30 days to verify the negative. If they can not verify it within 30 days (they send a request to the company reporting) it will be removed! This happens all the time.. usually the debt is sold a few times and the current owner does not have the information to verify it.
- If the company does verify the debt you can pay off the debit in exchange for it being removed from your credit report. You can even negotiate the balance. Sometimes they will remove it for 50% of the cost. Make sure you get this in writing before you pay anything!
If you have a bunch of negatives do not dispute them all at once or the credit agencies may toss out your claims. I would recommend disputing 5 accounts per month!
CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES:
Equifax Information Services LLC
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374
Consumer Dispute Center
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022
P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013